If You Love Sleep, You'll LOVE This Instagram.
The new year is here, bringing us once again to the very important topic of self-improvement. If there's anything I've learned about resolutions -- from weight loss to relationships -- it's about making changes that you can maintain. While it is important to push yourself to do your absolute best, it is even more important to make changes that you can continue on a daily basis. Otherwise, you will burn out too quickly.
With that in mind, another thing we should all consider adding onto our lists is "get more sleep." I have been told by athletes, teachers, writers, and a comedian that more sleep will do wonders. First, you should do some research. The National Sleep Foundation (NSF) recommends the following:
- Newborns (0-3 months): Sleep range narrowed to 14-17 hours each day
- Infants (4-11 months): Sleep range widened two hours to 12-15 hours
- Toddlers (1-2 years): Sleep range widened by one hour to 11-14 hours
- Preschoolers (3-5): Sleep range widened by one hour to 10-13 hours
- School age children (6-13): Sleep range widened by one hour to 9-11 hours
- Teenagers (14-17): Sleep range widened by one hour to 8-10 hours
- Younger adults (18-25): Sleep range is 7-9 hours
- Adults (26-64): Sleep range is 7-9 hours
- Older adults (65+): Sleep range is 7-8 hours
The next thing you should do is consider your bed a place of rest and good health -- as important as eating and working -- instead of one you fall into at the tail end of your day. You can also invest in new sheets or purchase a new bed altogether. Personally, washing my sheets does the trick. All You recommends washing your sheets once a week! You can't sleep your way to good health in dirty sheets.
For further inspiration, take a look at these dreamy photographs posted by the popular Instagram (@alwayssssleep) and Tumblr (@sssleeping). This account is white sheet heaven.
More sleep in a cleaner, comfier bed every night? You can maintain that.