After A Kiss Killed Their 10 Year-Old, They Are Warning Parents Everywhere…
When our children get sick, we would do anything in our power to help them feel better. Unfortunately, many of us aren't medical professionals, so we must entrust the care of our children to doctors, nurses, and other experts. Sadly, those folks are human too, and sometimes, they make mistakes. This is the story of what happened when no one -- not mom, not dad, and not the doctors -- knew what was going on inside of this little girl, and to no fault of anyone's she lost her life.
The little girl's name is Briony, and she passed away last year. The details of her death are shocking, but the purpose of this story isn't to bring up her family's pain -- it's to educate other parents so that one day, they could potentially avoid the same outcome. Read this heartbreaking tale below, and find out what surprising ailment was the cause of this young girl's tragic death.
It's hard to find purpose in this mother's tragedy, but her story definitely has a teachable lesson.
While it certainly won't lessen her heartache, it could prevent other parents from going through the same thing.
It all started when her daughter, Briony Caitlin Kingberg was 10 years old.
They lived in Adelaide, Australia, until one day, Briony began to feel feverish. Eventually, she stopped eating and drinking, and mom Bridget knew she had to take action.
They took her to the doctor, and they discovered something like this.
Briony had dozens of little white ulcers in the back of her throat, and the doctors thought they were cold sores. She was given antibiotics for a throat infection and sent home.
She was told to come back in a week for a follow-up appointment.
Sadly, Briony didn't last that long. Shortly thereafter her diagnosis, she passed away at the tragically young age of 10.
Candice Prosser/ABC News
It turns out that Briony had something far more serious.
She suffered massive organ failure and died as a result of her untreated case of herpes simplex virus.
Page 1 of 2Next ›