Krista Miranda

By Krista Miranda

LifeBuzz Staff

Bride Temporarily Blinded By Bouquet Of Poisonous Flowers Got Her Dream Wedding Do-Over.

Most people spend their early years looking forward to the day they get married to the love of their lives. Some people even plan out the entire thing in their head. They know the music they want to play. They know exactly what they want their wedding dress to look like. Some people even have the venue picked out long before they actually get the proposal. It goes without saying, the day you get married is one of the most important days of your life and you want it to go perfectly. This bride was like any other, but unfortunately, her wedding day turned into a bride's nightmare.

It was the wedding day of 23-year old Christine Jo Miller and she was preparing to walk down the aisle.

Christine had already arranged for professional flowers to be at her ceremony, but she wanted to add a touch of wildflowers to the mix. So she went outside of the wedding venue in Lincoln, Nebraska, and began picking wildflowers.

It was the wedding day of 23-year old Christine Jo Miller and she was preparing to walk down the aisle.

Christine Miller

Unfortunately, the flowers she chose weren't the best ones for her.

Christine started to pick the green and white snow-on-the-mountains, but what she didn't know was that those particular flowers are poisonous. Christine went to the bathroom to wash her face before the wedding and the effects of the poison began taking hold.

Unfortunately, the flowers she chose weren't the best ones for her.

Christine Miller

She was breaking out into a rash and her eyes began to water.

“Within 15 minutes there was a rash on my face and it started to spread down my neck and arms. An hour later, my eyes started burning," Christine said in an interview with People.

She was breaking out into a rash and her eyes began to water.

Christine Miller

Her aunt, who's a nurse, thought she was just having an allergic reaction, so she gave her some Benadryl.

But the Benadryl did nothing to relieve her pain.“They were burning pretty bad. I kept my eyes shut while I got my hair done and even tried to calm them with cucumbers, but when I opened my eyes everything was super blurry and I couldn’t see," said Christine.

Her aunt, who's a nurse, thought she was just having an allergic reaction, so she gave her some Benadryl.

Christine Miller

Her mother took her to the urgent care center, but it was closed.

Not wanting to cancel the ceremony, she walked down the aisle to marry her love. But she told her now-husband Jon that as soon as the ceremony was done they had to go to the hospital.

Her mother took her to the urgent care center, but it was closed.

Christine Miller

Page 1 of 2