Krista Miranda

By Krista Miranda

LifeBuzz Staff

Someone Nearly Killed Their Dog By Dying Her Purple, But Vets Are Amazed By Her Recovery.

Those of you that have fur babies at home, know how easy it is to spoil them. You see a cute outfit at the store, and even though it's pretty expensive, you just know your pup will look adorable in it. You get them the highest quality food available, and sometimes even put little bows in their hair to give them a little pizzazz. Some people even go so far as to dye their animals fur. While this can be done with non-toxic products, the former owner of this pup chose not to do so. Keep reading to find out how dyeing this dog's hair, almost cost her her life.

This beautiful dog is appropriately named Violet.

But Violet hasn't always looked like this. Thanks to their former owner, Violet suffered through a horrible amount of pain to look this way.

Violet's previous owner decided to dye her dog's fur.

Unfortunately, what she failed to realize was how to do it the correct way. Because of the owner's actions, Violet almost lost her life.

Instead of using a dye product that was specifically safe for animals, the owner used human hair dye.

The human hair dye caused the skin of this 5-pound Maltese to burn right off of her, causing her an unbelievable amount of pain. Violet was then turned over to Pinellas County Animal Services.

Even though her eyes were swollen shut and her body was covered in burns, the animal shelter knew they had to try to save poor Violet.

The team from the shelter shaved Violet to see how much damage had been done and they were heartbroken to find out how severe her burns were.

"We gave [Violet] fluids, pain meds and we gently washed as much of the chemical dye off as we could, we bandaged her up," Pinellas County Animal Services posted on their Facebook.

The first night, Violet went home with the veterinarian at the shelter.

Page 1 of 2