This Guy’s Wife Was Depressed… So He Wrote A List On Her Mirror.
Molly Murphy has been having a hell of a time. She decided to post her story on reddit, outlining how she's juggling financial stress, lack of family support, and fallings out with friends, not to mention a battle with depression.
The one thing Molly does have, she explains, is an incredible husband.
I've not been the easiest person to deal with. In fact, sometimes I've lost all hope and even taken my frustration out on my new husband. But he somehow forgives me every time. I have a long journey ahead of me, and I know he probably realizes I'm depressed. But he holds my hand, and he tries his best. Today when I came home from a trip to SF, I flopped onto my bed in tears. I looked to my left, and saw these words painted all across my mirror. I think he wanted me to remember how much he loves me. Because he knows how quickly I forget. He knows I struggle to see good in the world, and especially the good in myself. But here it is. A testament and gesture of his love. Damn, I needed it today...
Read the sweet list her husband made for her below.
The list says:
1. She is my best friend.
2.She never quits on herself or me.
3. She gives me time to work on my crazy projects.
4. She makes me laugh, everyday.
5. She is gorgeous.
6. She accepts the crazy person I am.
7. She's the kindest person I know.
8. She's got a beautiful singing voice.
9. She's gone to a strip club with me.
10. She has experienced severe tragedy yet is the most optimistic person about humanity I know.
11. She has been fully supportive about my career choices and followed me each time.
12. Without realizing it, she makes me want to do more for her than I have ever wanted to do for anyone.
13. She's done an amazing job at advancing her career path.
14. Small animals make her cry.
15. She snorts when she laughs.
Hopefully, you're all lucky enough to have a partner-in-crime like this one.
This black dog cartoon explains what depression is like.