Giant Marble Machine Is Literally All Your Childhood Dreams Come True.
Sometimes in life, there are things that you want that you don't actually know that you want - until someone tells you you want them. A perfect example of this is this video: You never knew you wanted to see 11,000 marbles cruising through a gigantic marble machine, but as it turns out, you really, really do.
This Marble Run "Marble Tsunami" has 4 tipping containers holding totally more than 11.000 marbles. In this video you'll see the 10.000 marbles AND the 1000 marbles container will tipping together causing more than 11.000 marbles rolling down the giant tracks. The sound is deafening, because of the noise, it will be equipped with noise damping housing and glass panels on the front.
- Number of marbles total: around 13.000
- Number of paths: 4
- Number of tipping containers: 4 (10, 120, 1070 and 10.600 marbles)
- Construction started: 20 april 2015
- Construction completed: Expected begin june 2015 (only need some finetuning)
- Dimensions: L= 10 m (33 feet) W= 1,2 m (4 feet) H=1,8 m (6 feet)
- Location: Monkey Town (indoor playground), Gouda (NL)
This marble run, called "Marble Tsunami" is located at a children's playground in the Netherlands. The machine runs over 11,000 marbles, dumped out of four containers. As the marbles roll down the tracks, they encounter a series of obstacles. The sound that this makes is so deafening, the makers had to put the machine inside of thick walls of plated glass. Watching the Marble Tsunami run is oddly satisfying and unusual. Aren't you happy you finally saw this happen?
Source: Jelle Bakker