Warning: DEADLY Foods Every Dog Owner Must Know About.
If you're the proud best friend of a furry canine, then you understand the importance of taking care of them properly. While that definitely means giving them plenty of attention and making sure that their medical needs are met, it also means being vigilant when it comes to what you allow your pup to eat or play with. Unfortunately, there are things out there that could mean certain death for dogs, and what makes matters worse, is that most people aren't aware of the hidden dangers out there.
It's important to understand what your dog is allowed to eat, or you could risk something happening to your favorite companion. So, before you do anything else today, keep reading to make sure that you're not giving things to your pup that could potentially be very dangerous!
If you've been feeding your dog macadamia nuts then you need to stop right now! You probably didn't know it, but macadamia nuts are even worse for dogs than chocolate. Your dog might love them, bit macadamia nuts can induce vomit, cause lethargy, and even cause problems with the nervous system.
Dr Nelsons Veterinary
We all like to share our favorite foods with our dogs, but there are some things you should avoid at all costs. Luckily, eggs aren't one of those things, as long as they're cooked. Raw eggs are never okay for them to eat, but they would definitely appreciate the protein that they could get from a delicious omelet.
Raw Bread Dough
Most dogs love to eat bread, but the extra carbs are definitely not the best treat for your dog. But uncooked bread dough is a totally off limits! It's extremely dangerous for dogs. So if your pooch gets into some rising dough, unbaked cinnamon buns, or pizza dough, it's time to rush to the vet. Yeast poses a huge problem for a dog's digestive system. The activated yeast will mix in the dog's stomach and cause it to expand and bloat. The expansion can cause a rupture in the stomach lining and damage to the diaphragm.
Just like humans, dogs are drawn to the sweet taste of chocolate. But unfortunately for them, chocolate can be quite deadly for dogs. And here's how: When dogs are poisoned from chocolate, they're actually being poisoned by the xanthine alkaloid theobromine. Dogs become extremely ill when eating chocolate because their bodies aren't able to metabolize theobromine. So, if you think your dog may have ingested chocolate, it's important to bring them to the vet immediately!
Page 1 of 5Next ›