This Ridiculously Easy Hack Will Literally Save Your Kid’s Next Sleepover.
Whether you are young or young at heart, you will love this DIY Pillow Bed customized by Autumn, a creative blogger and mother of five. Compared to all the other versions which utilize a handful of expensive velcro, this one is easiest and the cheapest! Your kids can have sleepovers on the living room floor. They also make the perfect back-up beds for guests or a great Christmas gift. You might even want to make one for yourself.
Continue reading for simple step-by-step instructions. You'll be lounging in no time!
What You'll Need:
- Twin size flat sheet (66 inches wide x 96 inches long)
- 5 pillows
- Tape measure or ruler
- Pins or tailor's chalk
- Sewing machine
Tip: At Walmart, you can find $5 twin sheets and basic pillows for just under $3.
1. Lay the sheet on a flat surface right side down. Then, fold in 19.5 inches on each side starting with the right. If your sheet is a different size, adjust accordingly. The middle portion should be the length of a pillow.
2. The folded sides should overlap. The sheet should now measure 27 inches wide.
3. Pin the sheet together across the top and bottom. Then, add 4 more pin lines approximately 19 inches apart. As pictured, you will have six in total.
4. Bring out your sewing machine and sew a line of straight stitching along each pin line.
Autumn recommends sewing and rolling starting from one end, as pictured here, to prevent the sheet from bunching up. After completing six seams, just stuff in your pillows like you would a sham!
Voilà! Now, you have your very own Pillow Bed. Tuck the top pillow for added support.
You can make as many as you'd like.
It's perfect for lounging on the living room floor.
It also doubles as a chair when placed against the wall.
And my favorite, a fort!
Next, 19 DIY science projects for kids.
Source: It's Always Autumn