Sheyla

By Sheyla

LifeBuzz Staff

Mom Sits Her Son In A Shopping Cart, The Next Day He's Sick With Deadly Virus.

It’s something mothers do everyday around the world. They take their babies and toddlers with them and head over to the nearest grocery store to pick up the food, diapers, cleaning supplies, and all the other necessities required to keep the house running smoothly.

It would only be natural to assume that the supermarket is a clean and sterilized environment. They are selling food after all and everything from the counters to the floors must be cleaned thoroughly to ensure the store is sanitized.

As much as the staff at grocery stores work diligently to ensure all health and safety regulations are met, things get missed. One area that may be ignored or not given much thought to be clean and disinfected are shopping carts. The simple and quick task of cleaning the handle on your shopping cart before putting your child in the front seat may save their life.

Vivienne Wardrop had no idea a trip to the grocery store would almost killed her son.

The 35-year-old is a mother of five so her motherly instincts are right on point when something is off.

Vivienne Wardrop had no idea a trip to the grocery store would almost killed her son.

Vivienne Wardrop / Facebook

Wardrop like every other mom put her 10-month-old Logan in the shopping cart seat.

She visited her local grocery store Gold Coast in Helensvale, Queensland, in Australia.

Wardrop like every other mom put her 10-month-old Logan in the shopping cart seat.

Within 24 hours Logan was very sick with a high fever, heavy diarrhea, and vomiting.

At one point he had blood in his diarrhea.

Within 24 hours Logan was very sick with a high fever, heavy diarrhea, and vomiting.

Vivienne Wardrop / Facebook

"On Wednesday morning I got him out of bed and he had really bad diarrhea. It had gone through his clothes and bedding," Wardrop told Daily Mail Australia."I gave him a bottle and he vomited it back up and this kept happening throughout the day."

She took Logan to the doctor and was told it was just a virus. By Thursday morning, however, she had to take him to the hospital because he was severely dehydrated.

"On Wednesday morning I got him out of bed and he had really bad diarrhea. It had gone through his clothes and bedding," Wardrop told Daily Mail Australia."I gave him a bottle and he vomited it back up and this kept happening throughout the day."

Vivienne Wardrop / Facebook

Doctors immediately began conducting urine and blood tests, ultrasound, and nasal swabs.

At this point, Logan's heart rate was ranging between 200 to 220 beats per minute, a red flag since a normal heart rate is 80 to 140 beats per minute. He was also lethargic and his eyes rolled to the back of his head, and moaning.

Doctors immediately began conducting urine and blood tests, ultrasound, and nasal swabs.

Vivienne Wardrop / Facebook

Page 1 of 3