Camila Villafañe

By Camila Villafañe

LifeBuzz Staff

Her Mysterious Illness Baffled Doctors For 10 Years Until Strangers Discovered The Problem Instantly.

She Kept Getting Worse

She Kept Getting Worse

Inside Edition / YouTube

Wilson wasn’t getting any better. She couldn’t keep her eyes open. Her body hurt. And this mysterious illness was starting to affect her mental well-being. Family members and friend were worried. Could the sickness have been in her head? Wilson knew better. And besides, Ashley had seen her mother deteriorate, so she was convinced something was wrong.

She Did Her Own Research

She Did Her Own Research

Inside Edition / YouTube

Wilson went online and researched all of her symptoms. She even reached out to alleged experts online. Then she gave natural remedies a shot. But the herbal treatments did nothing for her. At this point, she had plenty of questions, but no answers. Eventually, everyone around her started to question her symptoms, which didn’t help the situation. Then she pondered, was the illness in her head?

They Were Thorough

They Were Thorough

Inside Edition / YouTube

Wilson spent the next decade visiting her doctor. Dr. Hensley did her best to help her find the answers that she needed. The doctor ordered that Wilson get all the necessary testing done, which included, “cardiac testing, chest x-rays, MRI’s [of] the brain, the spine, to see if something was related.” But the results showed that everything was just fine. “I felt we were very thorough but didn’t come up with a solution.” Wilson was fed up.

Impossible Solution

Impossible Solution

Inside Edition / YouTube

Wilson’s illness continued to affect her quality of life, which included her work, as well as her relationships. Mentally, she was exhausted after ten years of dealing with flu-like symptoms. Then, she decided to help herself by coming up with a bathroom makeover. This would involve turning her old bathroom into a new sanctuary. And she had contractors take care of all the work. That’s when they discovered something shocking.

The Shocking Truth

The Shocking Truth

Inside Edition / YouTube

The contractor’s forehead crumpled as he asked, “When was your water heater installed?” Wilson recalled that the installation occurred before she got sick. Her daughter, Ashley, was a child when it happened. “Maybe 10 years ago?” she answered. The contractors were shocked because they learned that the water heater and furnace weren’t fitted right, leading to a carbon monoxide leak in the house over the last decade. But carbon monoxide is toxic, isn’t it?

Page 2 of 3