Camila Villafañe

By Camila Villafañe

LifeBuzz Staff

8-Month-Old Girl Rescued From House Fire, But What Saved Her Was A True Miracle.

WBALTV

Firefighters knew they had to act fast when they went inside the burning home of Erika Poremski. Why? Because there was a baby inside. But given how the flames had engulfed the whole house, they feared for the infant. Then they went into the bedroom and noticed something shocking.

The Light Of Her Life

The Light Of Her Life

Erika Lynn / Facebook

28-year-old Erika is a single mom living in Baltimore. Viviana, who's her 8-month-old baby girl, keeps her busy all the time, but she finds a way to live happily. Unfortunately, that all changed in 2016, when she almost lost it all one night. And it began with a power outage.

An Ordinary Night

An Ordinary Night

Erika Lynn / Facebook

Erika had just placed Viviana to sleep in their bedroom on the home's second floor. But there was a major electrical storm, so it was a challenge to get Polo, the family dog, and the baby to remain calm. Eventually, she managed to hit the hay. Then, lightning hit Erika's home, and things got dark and scary real fast.

The Phone And Power Outage

The Phone And Power Outage

Cult of Mac

Erika was confused even as she tried and failed to get the lights to turn back on. She figured the lightning bolt had hit the electrical box. So she went looking for a flashlight in the dark and couldn't find one. Then she lit a candle for her bedroom and tried calling her neighbors to tell them about what was happening, but her phone died suddenly.

Nightmare Come True

Nightmare Come True

WBALTV

Erika's cell phone was her only way to communicate with the outside world because she didn't have a landline. So she used a portable charger and tried plugging her phone in her car. Then Erika noticed a glowing light from the corner of her eyes as she waited for her phone to turn on. She turned and looked towards her bedroom window and saw the fire.

Page 1 of 3