Mom Sees Black Dots In Baby’s Nose, How They Got There Is Terrifying.

Random |

ADVERTISEMENT

Meghan Budden from New Jersey, lit two scented candles in her living room.

There are a lot of things we innocently do at home without realizing they may pose a danger to us and our families. Every product we purchase comes with instructions in addition to warning labels. Still, the majority of us don't read them. A lot of the products are more or less the open and use kind.

Seven out of 10 homes in the United States use candles, with 35 percent of its purchases occurring during Christmas. Scented candles set the ambience, creating a feeling of warmth, coziness, and relaxation. But not following the instructions can have serious consequences. This may be a wake-up call to adults everywhere to read all the labels before using a product.


She admits letting the candles burn for hours on end.

CBS New York / YouTube

The next day, Budden noticed she had traces of soot in her nose. She cleaned her nose up, alarmed but not thinking about it too much.

It wasn't until she picked up her son to nurse him that she noticed he had soot inside his nose as well.

CBS New York / YouTube

She cleaned him up but he still had some remaining soot stuck.

Here is a photo showing the remains.

CBS New York / YouTube

The tiny particles or specks of soot are known to cause various health risks.

From asthma, bronchitis, coronary heart disease to other respiratory illnesses, the outcome to this type of exposure has serious consequences.

CBS New York / YouTube

Budden and her son were checked by doctors.

Luckily, they are both fine.

CBS New York / YouTube

Burning a candle in a well ventilated area is recommended.

Cutting the wick to 1/4 inch short prior to burning decreases the likelihood of soot forming.

CBS New York / YouTube

Also, do not burn candles beyond the recommended time.

The National Candle Association says every candle should come with a cautionary label listing the three key fire safety rules; burn within sight, keep away from combustibles, and keep away from children.

CBS New York / YouTube

->**Watch Meghan Budden share her experience.**<-

Share On Facebook