We all know what kind of danger comes with using microwaves. We mostly ignore them because they are such a convenience in our everyday lives but ignoring the facts doesn’t make them go away.
The very fact that each time a microwave is used it releases radiation into the air is scary. It’s something that most of us are not aware of. It’s also something we choose to ignore so we can have that hot cup of coffee in 90 seconds or heat up a meal in just two or three minutes.
Here are some other things that you may or may not know, should you choose not to ignore them.
The microwave has been around for more than thirty years now. It is as much a part of every day life as breathing is. That doesn't mean it is good for you though.
The little oven can cook even the most frozen of food in a quick manner. It uses radiation though and that obviously can be dangerous to you.
It makes everyday life go by faster and easier. Just like anything else that does that though, it does have a price to pay.
Nothing goes better with chicken nuggets than some nice chemical toxins right? Many microwave foods come in a plastic that give off chemicals into the food it's containing, once it gets hot.
The food gets so hot that it softens up and allows these chemicals to enter inside of it. Then you unknowingly eat the food and think it's good for you.
These are types of ionizing radiation and they are all inside your microwave. When the heat is generated inside the radiation comes with it and isn't good for the body.
A lot of foods get so hot that they lose the nutrients and other vitamins that are in the food. A microwave not only cooks the food but cooks it too much.
A person that eats a lot of food cooked in microwaves can suffer from lower red blood cell count and fewer white blood cells. A study once showed a direct link between the two.
As mentioned a moment ago, the heat that foods endure inside a microwave can ruin it. The nutrients can be destroyed during the cooking process.
Steaming your food will leave a lot of it in tact. It will also leave all of those nutrients and vitamins right where they belong.
There is actually a microwave sickness. It's defined as “It’s (Microwave sickness) first signs are low blood pressure and slow pulse. The later and most common manifestations are chronic excitation of the sympathetic nervous system (stress syndrome) and high blood pressure. This phase also often includes headache, dizziness, eye pain, sleeplessness, irritability, anxiety, stomach pain, nervous tension, inability to concentrate, hair loss, plus an increased incidence of appendicitis, cataracts, reproductive problems, and cancer. The chronic symptoms are eventually succeeded by crisis of adrenal exhaustion and ischemic heart disease (the blockage of coronary arteries and heart attacks).”
The Russians banned the use of microwaves after conducting several in depth studies. Eventually the ban was lifted because the public wanted them and they won out.
Foods have a life energy in them. This is what gives you all of the good stuff and benefits from what's in them. But all that is lost once cooked in the microwave.
Microwaves leak radiation. Nothing more than that really needs to be said. There really is no way to stop it from happening.
When milk and grains were microwaved, it resulted in carcinogenic substances being formed through the conversion of amino acids. In other words, you wouldn't want to drink it.
Breast milk, along with Vitamin B-12 are destroyed when put in a microwave. Studies showed a 40% or more loss of the vitamin in any type of food that was heated in a microwave.
If you spend the extra money on a good microwave you can reduce the amount of radiation that is released in your home. But the food you put in it will still be ruined.
Microwaves give off 2.4 GHz of radiation every time they are used. This is enough to actually change the heart rate inside your body. If you ever have any kind of chest pain near a microwave, you should immediately get away from it.
Any microwave can catch on fire. You've seen what these things can do when used for long amounts of time. Use a bag of microwave popcorn for an example if you want to see. Those go up in flames all the time.
Not only does your food change when put in the microwave, but your blood can change as well. The radiation that is used on the food can alter the number of red blood cells in your body.
The plastic pieces that hold most microwave foods release toxins into your food when heated up. They get soft and give off some nasty stuff, right into your food.
While a lot of the research about microwaves is disputed, one thing is not. Nearly all researchers agree that microwaves cause cataracts.
It's always best when you are microwaving some food to just leave the room until it's done. It's never a good idea to let kids near them either.
For some reason they are the one thing in the house that nobody ever wants to clean. That leads them to become some of the nastiest areas inside your home.
The bottom line is that while microwaves help us in every day life, they are actually really bad for our bodies. They should be tossed into the garbage and never used again.
Next, 25 fascinating food facts.