Dog Owner Posts Heartbreaking Warning Every Dog Owner Should See.

Pets |

ADVERTISEMENT

Indria Tuckler's dogs needed some sturdy toys to play with.

The moment you decide to adopt a dog is the moment you decide to add another member to your family forever. Pet owners will do just about anything to keep their pups happy and healthy, and that includes making sure that they have plenty of toys to play with. Like many other dog owners, this woman simply bought her favorite pups a new toy to chew on, but sadly, she didn't realize at the time how much she would regret it later.


Indria Tuckler is a loving pet owner. Knowing that her beautiful pups needed some entertainment in their lives, she did what any owner would do, and she bought her dogs some toys. She bought them several “sturdy looking” rope toy balls, to be exact.

We Love Animals

The toy rope balls that she purchased were described as “impossible to be destroyed,” so she believed that she had nothing to worry about.

Indria gave the toy rope balls to her pups and went about her day. A little later on, Indria checked in on the dogs, but she noticed that something strange had happened to one of the balls.

Indira Tuckler / Facebook

One of the “indestructible” balls was ripped into shreds by one of Indria’s dogs.

Sam, who was only one-year-old, decided to chew the ball up, and unfortunately, swallowed some of the pieces. Knowing there was nothing else to do, Indria threw the rest of the ball into the trash can. Sadly, the damage had already been done.

Indira Tuckler / Facebook

When Sam attempted to pass the rope, it “unraveled and tore several holes in her intestines.”

Knowing that something was wrong with her dog, Indria immediately brought her to the vet. In a race against time, they surgically removed 3 feet of rope entangled Sam’s intestines including 14 inches of the dog’s perforated intestines.

Indira Tuckler / Facebook

Despite their efforts, the rope caused so much damage that Sam passed away two days later.

“We did not even have the option of having another surgery. She quickly became septic and bled from her intestines into her stomach,” said Indria. After losing her beloved Sam, Indria knew that she needed to share her story with the world.

In a post she wrote on Facebook, Indria shared the heartbreaking details of Sam’s death.

“This was a senseless and avoidable death. These items should not be sold for dogs. I believe there is power in numbers and if we can share Sam’s story maybe we can save a dog’s life.” Indria is well aware that these particular toys are extremely popular, but she needs dog owners to understand how dangerous they actually are.

Facebook

Even though she misses Sam terribly, Indria hopes that her story will be able to save another dog’s life.

Indria wants people to know that the signs that a dog swallowed something dangerous tend to look like the symptoms of having parasites. So if you’ve given your dog a new toy and they start vomiting, drinking way too much water, and refusing food, then you should bring them to a veterinarian immediately. Like Indria said, this is a senseless death, so make sure you take her warning seriously.

Indira Tuckler / Facebook

Share On Facebook