Valentine's Day isn't just for the hopeless romantics. The start of the new year is always a busy, stressful time, and this February holiday is the perfect opportunity to pause and devote an afternoon, evening, or entire weekend, to catching up with the other loved ones in your life —your friends, family, or co-workers.
Below we've created a list of fun, simple, and thoughtful DIY Valentine's Day gifts you can surprise them with. After all, everyone appreciates a handmade gift. Better yet, you can make them together! There are even a few things on this list that you can make and keep for yourself (I'm mostly talking about the no-bake Oreo Cheesecake Strawberries). Don't worry, most of these require little effort!
What You'll Need:
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- 2 packages of 8 oz. soft cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- mini Oreos or mini graham crackers
1. Cut strawberry stems and the inside of the strawberry with a small knife so there's space for filling.
2. Trim a bit of the bottom tip so that the strawberry can stand upright. Then place on a cookie sheet.
3. To make the Oreo cheesecake filling, crush the cookies with a food processor or do it the old-fashioned way (place in a ziplock bag and smash with rolling pin). Then mix 1 package of softened cream cheese to the crushed pieces.
4. Use a spoon to add the filling with the strawberries.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the second package of cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with a mixer until it's nice and fluffy.
6. Pipe the cream cheese mixture into Oreo-stuffed strawberries using a pastry bag. Refrigerate until ready to serve. The original creator recommends making these treats 4-5 hours before serving as the strawberries may get soggy.
7. Before serving, garnish with cookie crumbs!